Estimated reading time: 15 minutes
Since in-born, we all appreciate cheaper products and freebies, it’s more than worth it that you choose the best of the best free hosting service you can get out there.
What’d be the best plan for you: shared hosting, virtual, dedicated, or cloud? Or maybe a simple website builder. How much storage do you require? What about an SSL certificate?
There are even more questions to ask and answer;
- Can I host my website on WordPress with Cpanel for free?
- What are the best-paid web hosting services in 2021?
To start with, it’s COMPLETELY possible to host a website, free of charge. But it’s also important you know that not all free stuffs are created equal.
Besides, in free hosting, there are pros and cons. Dos and Don’ts, and ugly red-warning signs to look out for. That is why you need to read the entity of this post. Not only will you discover the REALLY free web hosting, but also the best quality amongst them.
Note: Nothing is free even when they may be free. P.S: It’s almost impossible to get the same quality of a paid web hosting plan for FREE!
So if you’re like me, I go for paid and the best (though not when I started out like many of us).
- …the best-paid web hosting services in 2021
In this post, are the list of the best web hosting services of the year in no particular order— ranked not by popularity, or rate of commission, but the very best free and paid website hosting options in the digital web hosting industry.
Chapter 1:— Best FREE Web Hosting Sites 2021
Blogger is an American blog-publishing service that allows multi-user blogs with time-stamped entries. It was developed by Pyra Labs, which was bought by Google in 2003. The blogs are hosted by Google and generally accessed from a subdomain of blogspot.com.
With Blogger you can create a unique and beautiful blog of your own for free with already-made templates or rather re-invent the wheels.
Whether you want to share your knowledge or publish passion-inspired content, experiences, or even lifestyle, Blogger is just that free and easy way to start it.
Everything is free and unlimitedly provided, except for one problem, You Aren’t In Control!
Lots of people started with it, you too, can!
So WordPress.com takes care of all the “technicalities” of your hosting, to allow you to get started. Provided you’re fine with your domain having a your-domain.wordpress.com extension.
And, you’ll be restricted from any ad monetization move on your new site using third-party advertising programs like Google Adsense, Media.net, BuySellAds, Lijit, Vibrant Media, etc.
If you’d rather go the WordPress.com route though, there’s room for scaling and expansion since you are, however, allowed to add affiliate links, publish sponsored posts, or participate in Automattic‘s advertising program that runs on WordPress.com called WordAds.
These are great alternatives to reward your hard work. Ads placement was just one of the options!
Tumblr is a social media-like blogging platform that provides you a free space to express yourself, discover yourself, and bond over the stuff you love.
Tumblr is both blogging and a social media tool that allows users to publish short customizable blog posts and pages.
Fortunately, it’s easier to start with since you have an audience already. In other words, it’s where your interests connect you with people of interest.
000WebHost is quite popular and has managed to become one of the best free web hosting sites of the year. This is a free hosting service powered by Hostinger.
If you go with 000WebHost free hosting, you’ll enjoy:
- One website
- No subdomains
- 300 MB disk space
- 3 GB of bandwidth
- One MySQL database
- Community forum, no live support
… quite limited but a good consideration to kick off your website launch.
There are no credit cards required to signup with this provider and it is even easier to upgrade to a paid but also cheap plan ($0.99/month) from Hostinger whenever you are ready to take things to another level or simply outgrows the free plan.
000WebHost comes with a WordPress installation option and a website builder called Zyro too, you choose which to use to make designing your site faster.
Wix allows users to create SEO-ready, mobile-first, and desktop responsive HTML5 websites through the use of a drag-and-drop website builder technology.
Over 109 million people worldwide choose Wix to create their websites.
With 500MB of cloud storage and 500MB bandwidth, it’s easy to create a professional website with the Wix website builder– signup, choose a customizable designer-made template, and add the features you need!
- Sign up for a free website builder.
- Choose what kind of website you want to create.
- Select and customize a template to your taste or get an already-made full-fledged website made for you.
- Drag and drop designs and features.
- Good with what you have, publish your website, and go live.
- Drive traffic to your site.
- Make money.
You can accomplish a lot more with Wix premium plans by upgrading to 50GB of cloud storage and unlimited bandwidth for your website.
But while starting, the free option should be more than enough to hit the road running.
Weebly is another free website builder to start your website today free.
Whether you want to create a blog, personal website, or e-commerce site, this free web hosting company promises to deliver the best services for no charge at all.
Weebly is a web hosting service, headquartered in San Francisco. Its parent company is Square, Inc. On acquisition in April 2018, Weebly had more than 625,000 paid subscribers.
Apart from the free plan, Weebly also offers paid premium hosting experience:
- Free: Basic use. $0 /month.
- Connect: Connect to a custom domain. $6 /month billed annually, or $9 month-to-month.
- Pro: Build a professional, branded website for your business. $12 /month billed annually.
- Business: Manage and grow your business with integrated eCommerce tools. $26 /month billed annually.
The tag for the Medium platform is, “where good ideas find you”. In reverse, as a website owner, Medium.com is where you create good ideas in the form of products, services, content, and design.
Medium is an open, content publishing platform where readers find dynamic thinking, and where expert and undiscovered voices can share their writing on, be it a beginner or expert.
The good news with this platform is that you can actually make money with it, unlike many others that determine what you can and cannot do on your free site.
And it’s possible to customize your account’s looks and feel, as well as add a custom domain.
8. Google Cloud Hosting
Google Cloud Hosting offers you a free $300 free credits to host your website in the cloud for 12 months free.
Free one-year hosting in the cloud!
You have the freedom to deploy a CMS (Content Management Systems) like WordPress and all other sorts of hosting technologies, in the cloud and run that for 365 days free of charge before having to pay if you wish to continue.
Though if you are not the techie type, this may not be the option for you, because Google Cloud Hosting may require a steep learning curve to familiarize with.
If you can’t get your hands dirty when things may go wrong, you risk losing everything you worked for.
This particular free hosting is probably the of here. Their marketing promises are just unbelievable for a no-money hosting:
- Fastest Free Hosting: Our hosting was independently tested and found to be the fastest free hosting in the world.
- 99.9% Uptime: Uptime is our main priority, which is why we can proudly say we offer 99.9% uptime.
- Unlimited Hosting: InfinityFree is website hosting with unlimited disk space and unlimited bandwidth.
- Completely Free: InfinityFree is completely free, with no credit card required, no time limits, and no hidden fees.
- No Forced Ads: Your website is your own, we will never force advertisements on your website.
- Host Any Domain: Bring your domain name or pick a free subdomain name from over 25 domain extensions.
- Softaculous Script Installer. Install 400+ applications with a few clicks: Use the Softaculous automatic script installer to install one of over 400 scripts, applications, and CMS, like WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, MyBB, or PrestaShop, with only a few clicks.
- Everything you could possibly need for your website.
- Unlimited Disk Space
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- 400 MySQL Databases
- PHP 5.4, 5.5, 5.6, 7.4
- MySQL 5.6
- Full .htaccess support
- Free Subdomain Names
- Free SSL on all your domains
- Free DNS Service
Free Hosting [ -Take Away- ] Chapter Summary
The main idea for considering free hosting is to get hosting in the probably fastest way possible. Maybe for a personal project; to test a new plugin/theme, or needs a space to launch a new idea, practice your web design skills, etc– Not necessarily for any serious business.
Free website hosting can be considered for a hobby project. And can also work when you want to run a site for a short while to get your kick-off design and content then launch.
Chapter 2:— Best Paid Web Hosting Sites in 2021
Since the quality of a web host matters; quality and faster websites ultimately have a direct impact on SEO, rankings, bounce rates, and higher conversion rates.
Who are the best web hosting providers in 2021?
- The best purpose for use.
- Price and Renewal.
- Flexibility & Scale.
- Security Architecture.
- Speed Optimization.
Here they are!
1. FastComet (Best Managed Cloud Hosting)
FastComet is an award-winning advanced cloud hosting solution, revered for its powerful and robust cloud hosting features.
All their hosting plans also come with advanced security features, speed, and access to expert support.
FastComet suits everyone, from the startups to the big biz as a versatile and top-rated high-quality hosting.
According to customers, they’re simply the best!
2. SiteGround (For Optimized WordPress Hosting and Reliable Uptime)
SiteGround is on top of the game in the hosting industry. No doubt that SiteGround is a superior choice as it’s powered on such cutting-edge technologies as Google Cloud.
SiteGround with an official WordPress.org endorsement- the most popular, community-driven site-building software worldwide, can as well be the hosting solution to go, for all your WordPress hosting projects, both new under-development and old ready-for-migration websites.
- SiteGround servers are powered by Google Cloud and offers;
- Security-first Mindset
- SSD persistent storage
- Distributed storage running on SSD disks for an optimal speed and a high level of redundancy.
- Ultra-fast network: Google is known for maintaining one of the fastest and best-connected networks.
- 100% renewable energy match: Google matches 100% of the energy consumed by their operations with renewable energy.
3. A2 Hosting (Speed and Security)
Need Fast, Reliable Web Hosting? A2 Hosting Is The Leader In Optimized Hosting For Any Need! The speed papa.
A2 Hosting is an “A1” grade hosting solution that prides itself as the fastest, most secure, and best hosting provider on the internet. The pace-setters for others to follow.
And yes, they back up some of these claims with some convincing proof.
You can take the word of the customers for it.
4. BlueHost (Most Popular, Hosting For All Your Needs)
The probably most popular web hosting provider right now is Bluehost for many reasons.
All the Bluehost’s hosting plans come packed with…
- Excellent value for money,
- Currently hosts more than two million websites worldwide,
- recommended by WordPress,
- Free SSL certificate
- free domain
- Money-back guarantee
- Unlimited bandwidth
5. HostGator (The Smart Choice For Every Website Owner)
Selecting HostGator for your hosting needs will be a smart choice. Their watchword has been, …the leading provider of secure and affordable web hosting.
HostGator caters to beginners and pros, easy and experts, startups, and enterprises alike.
With A ton of website hosting options, a 99.9% uptime guarantee, a free SSL certificate, easy WordPress installs, and a free domain for a year, they stand as one of the best web hosts of choice of 2021.
- Hosts 2 million+ websites.
- Free domain
- Free site transfers
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- One-click installs
- Free SSL certificate
6. WP Engine (For Great Digital Content Sharing Experience)
Just as the name suggests, WPEngine is a WordPress Optimized digital experience hosting solution.
It’s important to note that WPEngine is relatively expensive, and unlike others in the list, specifically, WPEngine has only WordPress users in mind in its services, technology architecture, and considerations.
All-round, WPEngine will be an awesome choice in all aspects but pricing, bandwidth, and limitation of monthly visits. What if there’s a traffic hike?
Small businesses, creative agencies, and enterprise brands trust WP Engine’s digital experiences on WordPress and they aren’t regretting it.
7. DevonWebs Design & Hosting (For Small and Scalable, No Downtimes)
Though not very popular, DevonWebs Design and Hosting is a website hosting and development company located in the UK.
They are one of the fastest cloud web hosting providers in London, UK, with awesome pricing, quality services, and powerful in-house hosting technologies.
The company goes even beyond just web hosting and domain registration. There is a whole range of other services, from core hosting services to website design and hosting, to computer repairs, 24 Hour hosting and technical support, all the way down to Unlimited Cloud and Reseller Hosting on the ‘Faster-than-SSD’ cloud platform— a platform dedicated to high-performance, various secure UK servers with a 99.9% uptime guarantee as well as a 30-day money back assurance.
Other Products include
- DEVONWEBS CORE – Website Design E-Commerce Website Development.
- Graphic Design Hosting Solutions.
- DIGITAL STRATEGY – Website analysis and review.
- Digital Campaign planning.
- DESIGN – Information architecture Web Development Content management.
- MARKETING – SEO Email marketing, and
- SOCIAL – Social training.
8. Godaddy Web Host (Small Businesses and Startups)
GoDaddy is the world’s biggest domain registrar, currently managing more than 75 million domains globally, and by extension, one of the best website hosting providers.
GoDaddy hosting solutions are built for speed, reliability, and security for all plans, ranging from a shared hosting plan, WordPress tailored solution, way down to dedicated servers.
Besides quality in service, GoDaddy offers lots of discounts on hosting and domain registration, especially for new customers.
9. Hostinger Web Hosting (The Well-rounded Web Host)
Best well-rounded web host for small and medium business hosting requirements.
Go live with the cheapest and specially power-packed hosting company on the list. Hostinger.
Getting your website live is as simple as a click of a button. Everything you need – provided in a clear way.
- 100 Websites
- 200 GB SSD Storage
- ~100000 Visits Monthly
- Free Email
- Free SSL ($11.95 value)
- Free Domain ($8.99 value)
- Google Ads Credit
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Managed WordPress
- WordPress Acceleration
- 30 Days Money Back Guarantee
- Unlimited Databases
- GIT Access
- SSH Access
- Daily Backups ($11.40 value)
- Free CDN ($9.95 value)
10. InMotion Hosting (One Of The Best WordPress Hosting Provider)
InMotion Hosting is an established web host specializing in speed and versatile hosting plans.
11. Kinsta Hosting (Be Sure There’ll Be No “Traffic Jams”)
Kinsta runs the show, anchoring on providing services on cutting-edge technology and a super great collection of a support team.
You get more than enough resources to ensure optimum website speed, backup and Kinsta is also prepared to handle any traffic spikes, security, and support.
Kinsta is that Premium WordPress hosting for everyone, small or large.
12. Nexcess (For Businesses)
Nexcess is more focused on business-level, e-commerce, and enterprise customers.
Hundreds of thousands of sites and stores trust Nexcess’s Fully Managed host for a site that loads ultra-fast with instant auto-scaling, visual comparisons plus built-in automatic plugin, and platform updates.
Further Reading- Secrets To Know Before Choosing A Web Host
- Service = Value of Money Paid so the motivating factor should not be cheap deals.
- Renewal Pricing Hikes of web hosting vendors is a marketing tact to get new customers as they offer low prices at the beginning of their contracts but spike up the pricing after the introductory period ends.
- Track Record: Just about anyone can parade to be that best web host you are looking for. While in reality, some are just reselling someone else’s products. Reselling is not in any way bad but the problem here is that the reseller only has a little control over how things work, hence banking on another person’s promises. Check for track records before picking up on any contact.